The Free Space Optical Communications Group is focused in develop and research of quantum optical communications equipments and implementations, between buildings, islands or with LEO/GEO satellite. Also exploit Adaptive Optics in quantum optical communications, develop powerful new technologies.
Our EXPERIENCE is:
- QKD optical ground terminal developments
- Inter-building free space Quantum Communications link
- Performance improvement of free space Quantum Key Distribution with an Adaptive Optic system
- LEO to Ground optical communications link using adaptive optics
- Adaptive Optics experimental platform with laser uplink pre-compensation
- To develop desing, simulation and prototype of future quantum cryptography and ligthwave communications systems.
- To promote a strong research collaboration with other international partners
INSTRUMENTATION & LAB COMPONENTS
16Ghz / 4 channels / Real time oscilloscope, optical and electrical spectrum analyser, pulse pattern generation, narrow-linewidth tunable lasers, single-photon avalanche photodetectors, high performance superconducting nanowire detectors, demostrators for Quantum Key Distribution.
MODELLING, DESIGN AND SIMULATION
Custom Matlab algorithms for differents scenarios and optical subsystems.